Washington Public Employment of Chaplains, HJR 4200 (1993)
The Washington Public Employment of Chaplains Amendment, also known as House Joint Resolution 4200, was on the November 2, 1993 ballot in Washington as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure permitted counties and public hospitals to employ chaplains. The measure amended Section 11 of Article I of the Washington State Constitution.
|Washington HJR 4200 (1993)|
Election results via: Washington Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“||Shall counties and public hospital districts be permitted to employ chaplains for their hospitals, health care facilities, and hospices?||”|
- Washington Chaplains for State Penal and Reformatory Institutions, Amendment to Article I Sec. 11 (1904)
- Washington State Employed Chaplains, SJR 14 (1958)
- State of Washington ballot measure election results
- State of Washington 1993 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- Washington State Constitution
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |