Washington Executive Offices Salaries, Amendment to Article III Secs. 14-22 (1920)
The Washington Executive Offices Salaries Amendment, also known as Amendment to Article III, Sections 14-22, was on the November 2, 1920 ballot in Washington as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure fixed the salaries of certain executive branch offices. The measure amended Sections 14-22 of Article III of the Washington State Constitution.
|Washington Amendment to Article III, Sections 14-22 (1920)|
Election results via: Washington Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||An Act for the amendment of sections 14, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21 and 22, article 3, of the state constitution by fixing the annual salaries of certain state officers as follows: Governor, ten thousand dollars; lieutenant governor, two thousand five hundred dollars; secretary of state, five thousand dollars; treasurer, five thousand dollars; auditor, five thousand dollars; attorney general, six thousand dollars; superintendent of public instruction, five thousand dollars.||”|
- State of Washington ballot measure election results
- State of Washington 1920 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- Washington State Constitution
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1920 Voters Pamphlet," accessed September 16, 2013
- Washington State Legislature, "Washington State Constitution," accessed September 16, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |