Washington Initiative Proposals, Initiative 494 (2012)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
The measure was filed by Donna Davis of Bellingham, Washington.
Path to the ballot
Initiatives to the Legislature, if certified, are submitted to the Washington State Legislature at its next regular session in January. Once submitted, the Legislature must take one of the following three actions:
- The Legislature can adopt the initiative as proposed, in which case it becomes law without a vote of the people;
- The Legislature can reject or refuse to act on the proposed initiative, in which case the initiative must be placed on the ballot at the next state general election; or
- The Legislature can approve an alternative to the proposed initiative, in which case both the original proposal and the Legislature's alternative must be placed on the ballot at the next state general election.
- 2012 ballot measures
- Washington 2012 ballot measures
- Washington signature requirements
- Laws governing the initiative process in Washington