For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Washington Medical Marijuana, Initiative 692 (1998)
The Washington Medical Marijuana Initiative, also known as Initiative 692, was on the November 3, 1998 ballot in Washington as an Initiative to the People, where it was approved. The measure allowed physicians to prescribe marijuana for certain terminal and debilitating conditions.
|Washington Initiative 692 (1998)|
Election results via: Washington Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||Shall the medical use of marijuana for certain terminal or debilitating conditions be permitted, and physicians authorized to advise patients about medical use of marijuana?||”|
Path to the ballot
Initiative 692 was filed on February 26, 1998 by Robert K. Killian of Seattle. 260,335 signatures were collected to qualify it for the ballot. The measure was placed on the ballot as provided for by the state constitution.
- Washington 1998 ballot measures
- 1998 ballot measures
- List of Washington ballot measures
- Washington Marijuana Decriminalization, Initiative 685 (1997)
- Washington Marijuana Legalization and Regulation, Initiative 502 (2012)
- State of Washington election results
- State of Washington 1998 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- List of all State of Washington Initiatives to the People
- Lewiston Morning Tribune, "Medical use of pot approved," November 4, 1988
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1998 Voters Pamphlet," accessed September 3, 2013'
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Washington Secretary of State, "Initiatives to the People," accessed September 3, 2013
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |