Washington Timeline for Appropriations Payments, Amendment to Article VIII Sec. 4 (1922)
The Washington Timeline for Appropriations Payments Amendment, also known as Amendment to Article VIII, Section 4, was on the November 7, 1922 ballot in Washington as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure mandated that payments from state appropriations should be made within one calendar month after the end of the next fiscal biennium. The measure amended Section 4 of Article VIII of the Washington State Constitution.
|Washington Amendment to Article VIII, Section 4 (1922)|
Election results via: Washington Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||An Act amending section 4 of article VIII of the State Constitution by providing that payments from state appropriations should be made within one calendar month after the end of the next ensuing fiscal biennium.||”|
- State of Washington ballot measure election results
- State of Washington 1922 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- Washington State Constitution (dead link)
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1922 Voters Pamphlet," accessed September 16, 2013
- Washington State Legislature, "Washington State Constitution," accessed September 16, 2013 (dead link)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |