Water and Land Committee, Hawaii State Senate
The Water and Land Committee is a standing committee of the Hawaii State Senate. It was formed for the 2013 session. Prior to that, it was a part of the Water, Land, Agriculture and Hawaiian Affairs Committee.
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Hawaii State Senate are assigned by the President of the Senate. Committees are assigned at the start of each term. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The President is not recognized as an "ex officio" member of any committee.
See rules: Senate Rules
|“||The purview of this committee includes those programs relating to state planning; sustainability; land and water management; forest management and reserve; coastal zone management; land reclamation; naturally occurring fisheries; ocean resources; state parks and beaches; management areas, including ocean recreation management areas, and small boat harbors.||”|
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
|Water and Land Members, 2013|
|Democratic members (6)||Republican members (1)|
|• Malama Solomon, Chair||• Samuel Slom|
|• Maile Shimabukuro, Vice Chair|
|• Donovan Dela Cruz|
|• Les Ihara, Jr.|
|• Russell Ruderman|
|• Laura Thielen|
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014(Section 3-7)
- Information submitted by Carol Taniguchi via email to a Ballotpedia staffer on January 28, 2014.
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014(Section 22-1)
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014(Section 21-14)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.