Waukesha School District elections (2014)
|General Election date:|
Method of election
Waukesha School District
Waukesha County, Wisconsin ballot measures
Local ballot measures, Wisconsin
About the district
- See also: Waukesha School District, Wisconsin
Waukesha outperformed the rest of Wisconsin in terms of higher education achievement in 2010. The United States Census Bureau found that 33.8% of Waukesha residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.4% for Wisconsin as a whole. The median household income in Waukesha was $58,070 compared to $52,627 for the state of Wisconsin. The poverty rate in Waukesha was 10.4% compared to 12.5% for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
Method of board member selection
The Waukesha School Board consists of nine members elected at-large to three-year terms. There was no primary election and the general election was held on April 1, 2014. Three seats are up for election each April.
Candidates for the Waukesha School Board must be 18 years old, citizens of the United States and residents of the district at least 10 days before the election. Each candidate submitted at least 100 valid signatures to the Waukesha County Clerk by January 7, 2014.
- Barbara Brzenk
- Graduate, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Retired educator
- Joseph Como, Jr.
- Graduate, Lawrence University
- Owner, Comstar, LLC
- Karin Rajnicek
- Small business owner
No candidate received an endorsement in this election.
As of February 10, 2014, no candidate filed a campaign finance report with the district office. State law allows candidates to claim exempt status from campaign finance reporting if contributions and expenditures do not exceed $1,000 during a calendar year.
Information about earlier elections can be found by clicking [show] at the right.
|December 1, 2013||First day to circulate nominating petitions|
|January 7, 2014||Last day to submit nominating petitions to county clerk|
|March 24, 2014||Last day to file pre-election campaign finance report|
|April 1, 2014||Election day|
|July 21, 2014||Last day to file continuing campaign finance report|
Additional elections on the ballot
The Waukesha School Board race shared the ballot with other local and county races. Residents of Waukesha voted for mayor, city attorney, municipal judge and seven seats on the Common Council. The ballot included races for the Waukesha County Board of Supervisors and two seats on the Wisconsin Circuit Court.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Waukesha + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- School board elections in Alaska and Wisconsin spark debates over budgets, academic performance
- Incumbents dominate school board elections in Alaska, Wisconsin
- Waukesha School District, Wisconsin
- Wisconsin school board elections, 2014
- List of school board elections in 2014
- School board elections, 2014
- Waukesha County, Wisconsin ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Wisconsin
- United States Census Bureau, "Waukesha, Wisconsin," accessed February 7, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed January 27, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "Wisconsin Election Results," accessed January 28, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Ballot Access Checklist," accessed January 24, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Campaign Finance Overview: Local Candidates," May 2010
- Waukesha School District, "2013 Waukesha School Board Election," accessed February 10, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Campaign Finance Checklist," accessed February 7, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board," "2014 Spring Election Offices to be Elected," December 4, 2013
- City of Waukesha, "Notice of Elections," November 26, 2013
|2014 Waukesha School District Elections|
|Election date:||April 1, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Barbara Brzenk • Joseph Como, Jr. • Karin Rajnicek|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|