Waverly Township Fire Tax Levy Increase Proposal (May 2013)
This measure authorized the Waverly Township to increase its property tax levy limitation from by 1.25 mills ($1.25 per $1,000 of assessed valuation) from 15 mills to 16.25 mills for 5 years in order to fund fire protection services in the township. The estiamted first year revenue increase from this tax is $33,88.25.
|Waverly School Proposal|
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||Shall the 15 mill tax limitation on general ad valorem taxes within Waverly Township imposed under Article IX, Section 6 of the Michigan Constitution be increased for said Township by 1.25 mill ($1.25 per $1,000.00 of taxable value) for the period of 2013 through 2017 inclusive, for the purpose of providing funds to be used by the Township for fire protection within said Township and shall aid Township levy such millage or portion thereof during such period which millage, if levied in full, will raise in the first year of said levy an estimated $33,888.25.||”|
- May 7, 2013 ballot measures in Michigan
- Cheboygan County, Michigan ballot measures
- Clinton County, Michigan ballot measures
- Eaton County, Michigan ballot measures
- Ingham County, Michigan ballot measures
- Michigan SoS Public Ballot Search
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |