Wayne A. Matewsky
|Wayne A. Matewsky|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Twenty-Eighth Middlesex District|
|May 1, 2013 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||April 2, 2013|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Joseph McGonagle, Jr. defeated incumbent Wayne A. Matewsky in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Twenty-eighth Middlesex District Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Joseph McGonagle, Jr.||54.2%||2,086|
|Wayne A. Matewsky||45.8%||1,763|
Matewsky won election in the special election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Twenty-Eighth Middlesex District. The seat was vacant following the resignation of Stephen Smith (D) on December 31, 2012 after pleading guilty to casting invalid absentee ballots in 2009 and 2010. Matewsky defeated Sergio Cornelio, Joseph W. McGonagle, Michael Mangan and John Hanlon in the March 5 Democratic primary and defeated Rosa DiFlorio (I) and Dennis John Gianatassi (I) in the special election, which took place on April 2, 2013.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Wayne + Matewsky + Massachusetts + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- TheRepublic.com, "Candidates set for special elections to fill 2 vacant Mass. House seats," March 7, 2013
- bostonglobe.com, "Newcomer, political veteran win Mass. House elections," April 3, 2013
- sec.state.ma.us, "Official Democratic primary results," accessed November 18, 2013
- electionstats.state.ma.us, "Official special election results," accessed November 18, 2013
Stephen Smith (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Middlesex 28
May 2013 - Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |