Wayne Johnson, Alabama Politician
|Alabama House of Representatives District 22|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Johnson has worked in the following positions: substitute teacher, court bailiff for Madison County, criminal investigator and deputy sheriff for Madison County. He has also served in the United States Army.
Johnson served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
- Madison County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Homeland Security and Immigration
Johnson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Create new jobs
- Excerpt: "Lower taxes on individuals and small businesses to create new jobs in our district and across Alabama."
- Pass the "Arizona Law"
- Excerpt: "Pass the "Arizona Law" to fight illegal immigration and make it easier for state agencies to work with and assist the federal government in this fight."
- Protection from Obamacare
- Excerpt: "Pass legislation to protect Alabama from Obamacare and wasteful stimulus bills that harm our American way of life and the lives of future Alabamians."
- Four year property appraisals
- Excerpt: "Return property appraisals from each year to every four years."
- Get our fair share
- Excerpt: "Bring an end to the unfair amount of our tax dollars being sent to the rest of Alabama and secure our share of funds for local roads and schools."
- Support police and fire
- Excerpt: "Support Volunteer Fire Departments and law enforcement throughout the district and make sure they have the equipment to protect our community."
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 22 General Election (2010)|
|Wayne Johnson (R)||9,523|
|Butch Taylor (D)||5,177|
In 2010, Johnson raised $150,433 in contributions. 
His five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$99,353|
|Friends Of Mike Hubbard||$19,500|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$5,000|
|Alabama Trucking Association||$2,500|
Johnson has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Wayne + Johnson + Alabama + House + Legislature"
- Alabama House Republicans release "Commonsense Conservative" agenda for ... - The Huntsville Times - al.com (blog)
- Republican 2014 legislative agenda focuses on tax relief - The Southeast Sun
- Reform efforts do little to change Alabama constitution - Anniston Star
- Former Alabama Gov. Bob Riley helping GOP legislators - Tuscaloosa News (subscription)
- Former Alabama Gov. Bob Riley helping Republican legislators in 2014 election - The Republic
- State Sen. Shadrack McGill says he may not seek re-election - al.com (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- House site
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|Alabama House District 22
| Succeeded by|