Wayne Johnson, Alabama Politician
|Alabama House of Representatives District 22|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Johnson's professional experience includes working as a substitute teacher, court bailiff, criminal investigator and deputy sheriff for Madison County. He served in the United States Army.
Johnson served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
- Madison County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Homeland Security and Immigration
Johnson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Create new jobs
- Excerpt: "Lower taxes on individuals and small businesses to create new jobs in our district and across Alabama."
- Pass the "Arizona Law"
- Excerpt: "Pass the "Arizona Law" to fight illegal immigration and make it easier for state agencies to work with and assist the federal government in this fight."
- Protection from Obamacare
- Excerpt: "Pass legislation to protect Alabama from Obamacare and wasteful stimulus bills that harm our American way of life and the lives of future Alabamians."
- Four year property appraisals
- Excerpt: "Return property appraisals from each year to every four years."
- Get our fair share
- Excerpt: "Bring an end to the unfair amount of our tax dollars being sent to the rest of Alabama and secure our share of funds for local roads and schools."
- Support police and fire
- Excerpt: "Support Volunteer Fire Departments and law enforcement throughout the district and make sure they have the equipment to protect our community."
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 22 General Election (2010)|
|Wayne Johnson (R)||9,523|
|Butch Taylor (D)||5,177|
In 2010, Johnson raised $150,433 in contributions.
His five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$99,353|
|Friends Of Mike Hubbard||$19,500|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$5,000|
|Alabama Trucking Association||$2,500|
Johnson has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Wayne + Johnson + Alabama + House + Legislature" Wayne Johnson News Feed
- House site
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|Alabama House District 22
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|