Weld County School District RE-10J Levy Increase Question (November 2012)
This question authorized the Weld County School District RE-10J to increase property taxes in the District by up to 3.6 mills ($3.6 per $1,000 of assessed valuation) for five years to fund increasing the number of highly qualified teachers, replacing textbooks, maintaining buses and facilities. The first year revenue from this tax is $195,000.
|Briggsdale RE-10J Question 3A|
Election results from Weld County Summary of Election Results
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“|| SHALL WELD COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. RE-10J TAXES BE INCREASED $195,000 ANNUALLY (SUCH DOLLAR AMOUNT BEING THE FIRST FISCAL YEAR INCREASE) AND THEREAFTER BY WHATEVER AMOUNTS ARE RAISED ANNUALLY FOR A LIMITED 5-YEAR PERIOD (COMMENCING IN COLLECTION YEAR 2013 AND ENDING AFTER COLLECTION YEAR 2017) FROM AN OVERRIDE MILL LEVY IMPOSED AT A RATE OF 3.6 MILLS FOR THE PURPOSE OF, AMONG OTHER THINGS:
• RECRUITING AND RETAINING HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEACHERS AND STAFF FOR ESSENTIAL EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS,
• REPLACING OUTDATED TEXTBOOKS AND EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS,
• REDUCING THE TEACHER- TO-STUDENT RATIO SO TEACHERS CAN FOCUS ON STUDENTS AND THEIR NEEDS, AND
• PROVIDING PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE AND UPKEEP TO EXISTING FACILITIES AND BUS FLEET,
PROVIDED THAT THE DOLLAR AMOUNT RAISED FROM THE OVERRIDE MILL LEVY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PERMITTED UNDER C.R.S. §22-54-108, WITH SUCH TAX INCREASE TO BE IN ADDITION TO THE PROPERTY TAXES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD BE LEVIED FOR THE GENERAL FUND AND TO CONSTITUTE A VOTER APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE AND AN EXCEPTION TO THE LIMITS WHICH WOULD OTHERWISE APPLY?
- November 6, 2012 ballot measures in Colorado
- Weld County, Colorado ballot measures
- Morgan County, Colorado ballot measures