|Idaho House of Representatives District 30B|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|November 30, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bonneville School Board|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Horman served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Judiciary, Rules, and Administration|
|• Local Government|
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Wendy Horman was unopposed in the Republican primary and defeated Robert D. Gorgoglione, Sr. (C) in the general election.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 30B, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Wendy Horman Incumbent||86.5%||9,510|
|Constitution||Robert D. Gorgoglione, Sr.||13.5%||1,489|
Horman won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 30B. She defeated Stan Bell and Greg Crockett in the Republican primary on May 15, 2012 and defeated Robert D. Gorgoglione Sr. (C) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 30B, General Election, 2012|
|Constitution||Robert D. Gorgoglione Sr.||16.2%||2,806|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 30B Republican Primary, 2012|
|Stan J. Bell||28%||1,103|
Horman's website listed the following endorsements:
- Representative Mack Shirley
- Senator John Goedde
Comprehensive donor information for Horman is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Horman raised a total of $13,900 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Wendy Horman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho House, District 30B||$13,900|
|Grand Total Raised||$13,900|
2012Horman won election to the Idaho House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Horman raised a total of $13,900.
|Idaho House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Wendy Horman's campaign in 2012|
|Dennis Lake for State Representatives Campaign Account||$1,000|
|Miller, David A.||$1,000|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$750|
|Rep. Fred Wood Legislative Campaign Account||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$13,900|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills "impacting economic freedom in the state."
- Legislators are scored on their stances on conservative issues.
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Horman received a score of -34 points in the 2013 index, ranking 52nd out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Wendy + Horman + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- Profile from the Idaho House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Wendy Horman on Facebook
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 20, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Wendy Horman, "Endorsements," accessed October 20, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Horman, Wendy," accessed December 12, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Elaine Smith (D)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 30B
| Succeeded by|