Wentzville R-IV School District elections (2014)
Method of election
What was at stake?
Wentzville R-IV School District
St. Charles County, Missouri ballot measures
Local ballot measures, Missouri
Three seats on the Wentzville R-IV School District board were up for general election on April 8, 2014. Incumbent Courtney Tieman and newcomers Barbara Fine and Kenneth Mayer triumphed over incumbent Heather Reiter and challengers Marcos Chu, Ron Lares, Angie Ward and Rick Glidewell for the three at-large seats.
About the districtMissouri in St. Charles County. The county seat of St. Charles County is St. Charles. St. Charles County is home to 373,495 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau. In the 2011-2012 school year, Wentzville R-IV School District was the 14th-largest school district in Missouri and served 13,391 students.
St. Charles County outperformed the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 35.1 percent of St. Charles County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in St. Charles County was $71,077 compared to $47,380 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in St. Charles County was 5.8 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
Method of board member selection
The Wentzville R-IV school board consists of seven members elected at-large to three-year terms. There was no primary election and the general election was held on April 8, 2014 for three seats. Two seats will be on the ballot in 2015.
Candidates began to file affidavits of candidacy on December 17, 2013. The filing deadline for school board candidates to get on the ballot in the general election was January 21, 2014 and the deadline for candidate certification was January 28, 2014.
- Marcos Chu
- Graduate, Purdue University, University of Phoenix
- Affordability engineer
- Barbara Fine
- Retired educator
- Rick Glidewell
- Graduate, William Jewell College, University of Central Missouri and Lindenwood University
- Retired educator
- Community volunteer
- Ron Lares
- Graduate, University of Minnesota
- Retired electrical engineer
- Kenneth Mayer
- Graduate, University of Texas
- Heather Reiter
- Courtney Tieman
- Incumbent and board vice president
- Graduate, University of Missouri at Columbia and Indiana University
- Environmental Specialist, Missouri Department of Natural Resources
- Angie Ward
- Senior Human Resource Generalist, Synergetics, Inc.
|Wentzville R-IV School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Courtney Tieman Incumbent||17.1%||2,925|
|Nonpartisan||Heather Reiter Incumbent||14.1%||2,422|
|Source: St. Charles County Election Authority, "Summary Report," April 22, 2014|
Information about earlier elections can be found by clicking [show] at the right.
What was at stake?
Three seats on the Wentzville R-IV school board were up for general election on April 8, 2014. Incumbent Courtney Tieman and newcomers Barbara Fine and Kenneth Mayer triumphed over incumbent Heather Reiter and challengers Marcos Chu, Ron Lares, Angie Ward and Rick Glidewell for the three at-large seats. Incumbent Terry Ratcliff did not file for re-election of his seat.
The following dates were key deadlines for the Wentzville R-IV School District election in 2014:
|December 17, 2013||First day for candidate filing|
|December 24, 2013||First day for candidate filing (Kansas City)|
|January 21, 2014||Last day for candidate filing|
|January 28, 2014||Final certification date|
|March 12, 2014||Last day to register to vote|
|April 8, 2014||Election day|
Additional elections on the ballot
The Wentzville R-IV school board election shared the ballot with other municipal elections in St. Charles County.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wentzville R-IV + School + District + Missouri"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wentzville R-IV School District, Missouri
- Missouri school board elections, 2014
- List of school board elections in 2014
- School board elections, 2014
- St. Charles County, Missouri ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Missouri
- Election preview: More than 100 candidates running in California, Missouri and South Dakota school board elections
- Post-election:Incumbents fare well in Missouri, South Dakota and California school board elections
- United States Census Bureau, "St. Charles County, Missouri," accessed February 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
- Missouri Secretary of State, "2014 Election Calendar," accessed February 6, 2014
- Missouri NEA, "Recommendations," accessed April 8, 2014
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Campaign Finance Reports," accessed February 11, 2014
|2014 Wentzville R-IV School District Elections|
|St. Charles County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: Marcos Chu • Barbara Fine • Rick Glidewell • Ron Lares • Kenneth Mayer • Incumbent, Heather Reiter • Incumbent, Courtney Tieman • Angie Ward|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|