Wentzville R-IV School District elections (2014)
|General Election date:|
Method of election
What was at stake?
Wentzville R-IV School District
St. Charles County, Missouri ballot measures
Local ballot measures, Missouri
Three seats on the Wentzville R-IV School District board were up for general election on April 8, 2014. Incumbent Courtney Tieman and newcomers Barbara Fine and Kenneth Mayer triumphed over incumbent Heather Reiter and challengers Marcos Chu, Ron Lares, Angie Ward and Rick Glidewell for the three at-large seats.
About the districtSt. Charles County, Missouri. The county seat of St. Charles County is St. Charles. The county's population was 360,485 according to the 2010 U.S. Census.
St. Charles County outperforms the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education attainment, median income and poverty rate. The 2010 U.S. Census found that 34.9% of St. Charles County residents over 25 years old held undergraduate degrees compared to a 25.8% rate for the state of Missouri. St. Charles County had a median income of $71,416 in 2010 compared to $47,333 for Missouri. The poverty rate for St. Charles County was 5.4% in 2010 compared to a 10.5% rate for the rest of the state.
|Racial Demographics, 2010|
|Race||St. Charles County (%)||Missouri (%)|
|Black or African American||4.4||11.6|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||0.3||0.5|
|Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander||0.1||0.1|
|Two or More Races||1.7||2.1|
|Hispanic or Latino||3.0||3.5|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
Method of board member selection
The Wentzville R-IV school board consists of seven members elected at-large to three-year terms. There was no primary election and the general election was held on April 8, 2014 for three seats. Two seats will be on the ballot in 2015.
Candidates began to file affidavits of candidacy on December 17, 2013. The filing deadline for school board candidates to get on the ballot in the general election was January 21, 2014 and the deadline for candidate certification was January 28, 2014.
- Marcos Chu
- Graduate, Purdue University, University of Phoenix
- Affordability engineer
- Barbara Fine
- Retired educator
- Rick Glidewell
- Graduate, William Jewell College, University of Central Missouri and Lindenwood University
- Retired educator
- Community volunteer
- Ron Lares
- Graduate, University of Minnesota
- Retired electrical engineer
- Kenneth Mayer
- Graduate, University of Texas
- Heather Reiter
- Courtney Tieman
- Incumbent and board vice president
- Graduate, University of Missouri at Columbia and Indiana University
- Environmental Specialist, Missouri Department of Natural Resources
- Angie Ward
- Senior Human Resource Generalist, Synergetics, Inc.
|Wentzville R-IV School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Courtney Tieman Incumbent||17.1%||2,925|
|Nonpartisan||Heather Reiter Incumbent||14.1%||2,422|
|Source: Joe Millitzer, Fox 2 News, "Results for the April 8th Missouri general municipal election," April 8, 2014 These election results are unofficial. They will be updated once certified election results are available.|
Information about earlier elections can be found by clicking [show] at the right.
What was at stake?
Three seats on the Wentzville R-IV school board were up for general election on April 8, 2014. Incumbent Courtney Tieman and newcomers Barbara Fine and Kenneth Mayer triumphed over incumbent Heather Reiter and challengers Marcos Chu, Ron Lares, Angie Ward and Rick Glidewell for the three at-large seats. Incumbent Terry Ratcliff did not file for re-election of his seat.
The following dates were key deadlines for the Wentzville R-IV School District election in 2014:
|December 17, 2013||First day for candidate filing|
|December 24, 2013||First day for candidate filing (Kansas City)|
|January 21, 2014||Last day for candidate filing|
|January 28, 2014||Final certification date|
|March 12, 2014||Last day to register to vote|
|April 8, 2014||Election day|
Additional elections on the ballot
The Wentzville R-IV school board election shared the ballot with other municipal elections in St. Charles County.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wentzville R-IV + School + District + Missouri"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wentzville R-IV School District, Missouri
- Missouri school board elections, 2014
- List of school board elections in 2014
- School board elections, 2014
- St. Charles County, Missouri ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Missouri
- Election preview: More than 100 candidates running in California, Missouri and South Dakota school board elections
- Post-election:Incumbents fare well in Missouri, South Dakota and California school board elections
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: St. Charles County," accessed February 5, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "2014 Election Calendar," accessed February 6, 2014
- Missouri NEA, "Recommendations," accessed April 8, 2014
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Campaign Finance Reports," accessed February 11, 2014
|2014 Wentzville R-IV School District Elections|
|St. Charles County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: Marcos Chu • Barbara Fine • Rick Glidewell • Ron Lares • Kenneth Mayer • Incumbent, Heather Reiter • Incumbent, Courtney Tieman • Angie Ward|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|