|Ohio House of Representatives District 51|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
Retherford is a mortician's assistant at Hamilton Funeral Home. He is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Retherford served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Agriculture and Rural Development|
|• Armed Services, Veterans Affairs and Public Safety|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Retherford served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Military and Veterans Affairs|
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Michele DeCresce was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Wes Retherford defeated Greg Jolivette and Arnold Engel in the Republican primary. DeCresce withdrew from the race before the general election, and was replaced by Lucinda Greene. Retherford defeated Greene in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 51 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Wes Retherford Incumbent||69.3%||16,202|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 51 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Wes Retherford Incumbent||61.4%||5,238|
Retherford won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 51. Retherford was unopposed in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Mark N. Hardig (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 51, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mark N. Hardig||43.3%||18,990|
Comprehensive donor information for Retherford is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Retherford raised a total of $27,101 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 4, 2013.
|Wes Retherford's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 51||$27,101|
|Grand Total Raised||$27,101|
2012Retherford won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Retherford raised a total of $27,101.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Wes Retherford's campaign in 2012|
|Retherford, W. Richard||$2,500|
|Carruthers, Ralph R.||$2,150|
|Ohio Nurses Association||$1,500|
|Ohio Republican Party||$1,081|
|Ohio Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$27,101|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Innovation Ohio: 130th General Assembly - Women's Issues Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on women’s issues.
In 2014, Retherford's endorsements included the following:
- Butler County GOP
- Ohio Republican Party
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- Ohio Right To Life – Honor Roll
- Speaker William Batchelder
- Speaker Pro-Temp Matt Huffman
- Representative Tim Derickson
- Representative Margy Conditt
- Representative Jim Butler
- Representative Lou Terhar
- Representative Lou Blessing III
- Sheriff Richard K Jones
- Prosecutor Mike Gmoser
- Commissioner Cindy Carpenter
- Commissioner Don Dixon
- Recorder Danny Crank
- Mayor Steve Miller
- Councilman Adam Jones
- Councilman Marty Judd
- Councilwoman Debbie Pennington
- Councilman Terry Senger
- Councilman Chad Oberson
- Councilman Mike Snyder
- Butler Co GOP Executive Chairman Todd Hall
- Butler Co GOP Central Chair Judy Shelton
- Butler Co GOP Chairwoman Jewel Baker
- Cincinnati Right to life
- Buckeye Firearms
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce
Retherford and his wife, Leann, have two children. They currently reside in Hamilton, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wes + Retherford + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Retherford, Wes," accessed June 4, 2013
- wesretherford.com, "Endorsements," accessed April 28, 2014
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 51
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |