Wesley "Wes" Duncan
is a Republican
member of the Nevada State Assembly
, representing District 37. He was first elected to the chamber in 2012.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Duncan served on the following committees:
When asked by the Las Vegas Review-Journal about what "three major things" he would attempt to achieve in office, Duncan answered:
Cultivating a stable, certain business environment to lure business and increase employment in Nevada, improving education by providing parents with more options and control over school choice issues as well as encouraging charter schools, and coming up with solutions to tackle unfunded liabilities in the PERS system.
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly will consist of a primary election on June 10, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Wesley Duncan is unopposed in the Republican primary, while Gerald Mackin is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Lou Pombo is running as a Libertarian candidate.
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Duncan ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 37. Duncan ran unopposed in the June 12 primary election and defeated incumbent Marcus Conklin (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 37, General Election, 2012
|| Marcus Conklin Incumbent
Comprehensive donor information for Duncan is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Duncan raised a total of $188,534 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 26, 2013.
Duncan won election to the Nevada State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Duncan raised a total of $188,534
|Nevada State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Wesley Duncan's campaign in 2012|
|Rural Republican PAC||$10,000|
|Las Vegas Sands||$10,000|
|Republican Assembly Leadership Caucus||$10,000|
|Pat Hickey for Assembly||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$188,534|
|Source:Follow the Money
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wesley + Duncan + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Wesley Duncan News Feed
- ↑ Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Wesley Duncan," retrieved October 23, 2012
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- ↑ Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Clark County - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Duncan, Wesley." Retrieved June 26, 2013