West Allis-West Milwaukee School District elections (2014)
Method of election
West Allis-West Milwaukee School District
Milwaukee County, Wisconsin ballot measures
Local ballot measures, Wisconsin
About the districtWest Allis, Wisconsin, a city located in Milwaukee County. According to the United States Census Bureau, West Allis is home to 60,732 residents. West Allis-West Milwaukee School District is the 12th-largest school district in Wisconsin, serving 9,281 students during the 2011-2012 school year.
West Allis underperformed in comparison to the rest of Wisconsin in terms of higher education achievement in 2010. The United States Census Bureau found that 21.0 percent of West Allis residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.4 percent for Wisconsin as a whole. The median household income in West Allis was $44,066 compared to $52,627 for the state of Wisconsin. The poverty rate in West Allis was 14.2 percent compared to 12.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
Method of board member selection
The West Allis-West Milwaukee Board of Education consists of nine members elected at-large to three-year terms. There was no primary election and the general election was held on April 1, 2014. Three seats will be up for election in 2015 and another three seats will be on the ballot in 2016.
Candidates for the Board of Education must be 18 years old, citizens of the United States and residents of the district at least 10 days before the election. Each candidate submitted at least 100 valid signatures to the county clerk by January 7, 2014.
- Dan Bailey
- Graduate, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Contractor, HighPower Communications
- Kristi Bonaparte
- Graduate, Valparaiso University
- Quality assurance contractor
- Diane Narlock
- Secretary, District Council 48
- Gail Radonski
- Insurance referral specialist, Aurora Cardiovascular Services
|West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, April 1, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Dan Bailey Incumbent||26.9%||2,645|
|Nonpartisan||Gail Radonski Incumbent||26.3%||2,587|
|Nonpartisan||Kristi Bonaparte Incumbent||20.5%||2,021|
|Source: Information submitted to Ballotpedia through e-mail from LaVonne Kirchner on May 12, 2014.|
No candidates received endorsements in this election.
No candidates filed pre-election campaign finance reports to the school district clerk by the March 24 deadline. All candidates were exempt from state reporting requirements. State law allows candidates to claim exempt status from campaign finance reporting if contributions and expenditures do not exceed $1,000 during a calendar year.
Information about earlier elections can be found by clicking [show] at the right.
|December 1, 2013||First day to circulate nominating petitions|
|January 7, 2014||Last day to submit nominating petitions to county clerk|
|March 24, 2014||Last day to file pre-election campaign finance report|
|April 1, 2014||Election day|
|July 21, 2014||Last day to file continuing campaign finance report|
Additional elections on the ballot
The Board of Education election shared the ballot with a race for one seat on the West Allis Common Council.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "West + Allis + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- School board elections in Alaska and Wisconsin spark debates over budgets, academic performance
- Incumbents dominate school board elections in Alaska, Wisconsin
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, Wisconsin
- Wisconsin school board elections, 2014
- List of school board elections in 2014
- School board elections, 2014
- Milwaukee County, Wisconsin ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Wisconsin
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District
- West Allis, Wisconsin
- Milwaukee County Election Commission
- United States Census Bureau, "West Allis, Wisconsin," accessed April 17, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed January 27, 2014
- Milwaukee County Election Commission, "Election Results," accessed April 17, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, "About the Board," accessed January 27, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Ballot Access Checklist," accessed January 24, 2014
- Information submitted through email from LaVonne Kirchner on April 23, 2014.
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Campaign Finance Overview: Local Candidates," May 2010
- Jane Ford-Stewart, West Allis Now, "Three West Allis School Board races will be unopposed," January 3, 2013
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Campaign Finance Checklist," accessed January 24, 2014
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Wisconsin April 2014 election results," April 1, 2014
|2014 West Allis-West Milwaukee School District Elections|
|West Allis, Wisconsin|
|Election date:||April 1, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Dan Bailey • Kristi Bonaparte • Diane Narlock • Gail Radonski|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|