West Side Joint School District, Idaho
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Idaho school district websites
- School Board meeting minutes are available.
- Academic performance information is available via links to the Idaho State Department of Education website.
- Employment applications are available.
- Budget information is not available.
- Administrative and Elected officials contact information is not available.
- Meeting dates and agendas are not posted.
- The website does not include the results of audits.
- Information regarding accessing public records is not available.
- The website does not include information regarding background checks. Background investigation information can be found on the Idaho State Department of Education website.
- Current teacher and vendor contracts are not available on the division website. Personnel and teacher contracts are posted on the Idaho State Department of Education website.
Budget information is not available on the district website.
The school board controls school property, establishes, organizes, and operates the schools of the district, including: establishing schools, adopting enrollment plans, providing for school elimination and consolidation, cooperating with school boards of adjoining districts in maintaining schools, maintaining the school year schedule and other more specific duties as outlined in the Idaho statute.
It operates, controls and supervises the district's public schools as well as determines the rate of school district taxes, with the option of two or more school districts operating and financing educational programs together.
Current School Board Members
|Matthew Sharp, Chairman|
|Stacey Olsen, Vice Chairman|
The Idaho Public School System is supervised by the State Board of Education (SBOE), which is the policy-making body for public education in the state. The SBOE provides oversight and governance for K – 20 education levels.
Current Board of Education members include:
|Richard Westerberg, President||Preston||March 1, 2014|
|Kenneth Edmunds, Vice President||Twin Falls||March 1, 2013|
|Don Soltman, Secretary||Twin Lakes||March 1, 2014|
|Emma Atchley||Ashton||March 1, 2010|
|Paul Agidius||Moscow||March 1, 2011|
|Rod Lewis||Boise||March 1, 2010|
|Tom Luna, Superintendent of Public Instruction||Boise|
|Milford Terrell||Boise||March 1, 2012|
- Main article: Idaho academic performance
Idaho’s educational assessment system is administered from kindergarten through high school and focuses primarily on math, reading, and language use skills. Tests include the Idaho Reading Indicator (IRI), the Idaho Direct Math Assessment (DMA), Idaho Direct Math Assessment (DMA), the Idaho English Language Assessment (IELA), and the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), as well as the SAT and ACT.
Idaho’s accountability system monitors state and federal goals for increased student achievement; the system includes consequences and rewards for districts and school based on yearly results. Per federal and state law, every school and district must meet annual academic performance goals in reading and math, referred to as Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP). High schools are required to meeting graduation goals and middle and elementary are required to meet a third academic indicator goal. Schools and districts that do not make AYP are identified as in improvement.
The Idaho State Department of Education reports West Side School District as having three schools in the district. The district made AYP for the 2008-2009 school year.
|Year||Reading (% proficient)||Math (% proficient)||Language (% proficient)||Graduation rate (%)|
- ‘West Side School District’, School Board, August 10, 2010
- ‘West Side School District’, School Accountability Report Cards, August 10, 2010
- ‘West Side School District’, Employment Opportunities, August 10, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Background Investigation Check, August 9, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Educator Resources - Contracts, August 9, 2010
- Idaho Statutes,"Title 33, Chapter 5," retrieved April 1, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Board of Education’, August 9, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Board of Education’, Board Members, August 9, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Statistics – Test Reports, August 9, 2010
- ‘Idaho State Department of Education’, Report Cards, August 10, 2010
- Idaho Department of Education,"West Side District Report Card," retrieved August 30, 2010
- 'Idaho Education Association', August 9, 2010
- 'National Education Association', August 9, 2010