West Virginia Department of Education
|West Virginia Department of Education|
|Superintendent:||Charles K. Heinlein|
|FY 2014 Budget:||$584.0 million|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
List of school districts in West Virginia
Public education in West Virginia
School board elections portal
|“||The West Virginia Board of Education establishes policies and rules to assure implementation of West Virginia's Education goals and to ensure the general supervision, oversight and monitoring of a thorough and efficient educational system.||”|
The Department of Education has five divisions listed below with current divisional administrators:
- Division of Educator Quality & System Support: Michele Blatt
- Division of Student Support Services: Joe Panetta
- Division of Teaching and Learning: Robert Hull
- Division of Technical and Adult Education: Kathy D'Antoni
- Division of Technology: Sterling Beane, Jr.
State Board of Education
The State Board of Education consists of nine members. It also includes three non-voting members. The Governor appoints nine lay citizens to nine-year terms as voting members. The Superintendent of Schools, the chancellor of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission and the chancellor of Community and Technical College Education serve as non-voting members. State law requires that the board have no more than five members from a single party on the board at the same time. The board is responsible for overseeing policies at the state's K-12 schools as well as the West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and the Blind.
The following chart outlines the organizational structure of the West Virginia Department of Education:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "West + Virginia + Department + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia
- West Virginia Superintendent of Schools
- Public education in West Virginia
- School board elections portal
- TransparencyWV, "State of WV Spending by Agency," accessed January 21, 2014
- West Virginia Legislature, "West Virginia Constitution," accessed January 21, 2014
- West Virginia Education Information System, "2010-2011 NCLB Report Card," accessed January 21, 2014
- West Virginia Department of Education, "Board Goals," accessed January 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- West Virginia Department of Education, "Organizational Charts," accessed January 21, 2014
- West Virginia Department of Education, "Board of Education," accessed February 19, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
West Virginia Department of Education | West Virginia school districts |