For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
West Virginia House of Delegates District 41
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 41|
|Current incumbent||Jordan Hill|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
As of the 2010 census, a total of 19,452 civilians reside within West Virginia's forty-first state house district. West Virginia's state delegates represent an average of 18,530 residents. After the 2000 Census, each member represented 18,083 residents.
About the office
Section 13 of Article 6 of the West Virginia Constitution states, "No person holding any other lucrative office or employment under this state, the United States, or any foreign government; no member of Congress; and no person who is sheriff, constable, or clerk of any court of record, shall be eligible to a seat in the Legislature."
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the West Virginia Legislature are paid $20,000/year. Legislators receive $131/day per diem during session, set by the compensation commission.
The executive committee of the political party that holds the seat must submit a list of three candidates to the Governor. The list must be submitted to the Governor within 15 days of the vacancy. The Governor must make a selection within five days of receiving the list. The person that is selected to fill the seat serves the remainder of the unfilled term.
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 13, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Incumbent Adam R. Young was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jordan Hill was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hill defeated Young in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 41, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Adam R. Young Incumbent||44.9%||2,269|
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates consisted of a primary election on May 8, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. Democrat Adam R. Young defeated Republican Jordan C. Hill in the general election. Young defeated Jeff M. Asbury in the Democratic primary election. Hill was unopposed in the Republican primary election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 41, General Election, 2012|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 41 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Adam R. Young||53%||1,469|
|Jeff M. Asbury||47%||1,302|
Since 2000, candidates for West Virginia House of Delegates District 41 have raised a total of $1,188,936. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $21,617 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, West Virginia House of Delegates District 41|
- West Virginia State Legislature, Population Summary Report, August 16, 2011
- U.S. Census Bureau, "2010 Census Interactive Population Search," accessed February 14, 2014
- U.S. Census Bureau, "States Ranked by Population," April 2, 2001. Accessed February 13, 2014
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- West Virginia Legislature, "West Virginia Constitution," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Section, Article 4, Section 7)
- West Virginia Legislature, "West Virginia Code," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Statute 3-10-5, WV Code)
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- Official general election results West Virginia Secretary of State, General Election Statewide Results, accessed October 31, 2013
- Official primary results West Virginia Secretary of State, Primary Election Statewide Results, accessed October 31, 2013
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |