When Not to FOIA, August 27
When Not to FOIA
- Proposed transparency legislation, New media transparency
- Proposed transparency legislation, Affirmative disclosure requirements
- Chicago Mayor announces new FOIA website
- House Bill 2282, Arizona 2010 has transparency requirements for municipalities larger than 2,500.
- Ohio state salary for teachers and public officials.
- Federal Aviation Administration Accident & Incident Data
- Excluded Parties List
- What Do They Know UK site that tracks and creates FOIAs submitted.
- Federal Contractor Misconduct Database
- Transparency Data, searchable campaign and lobbying data.
- Delaware Online Checkbook
- The Citizens' View of Open Government
- Albuquerque, New Mexico's Transparency Portal. Includes local campaign contributions and other detailed financial data.
- Subsidy Scope
- Your Tax Dollars At Work, Louisville, Kentucky's Transparency Portal with online check register and other detailed financial information.
- MAPlight Campaign contributions and voting database.
- Department of Justice Annual FOIA Reports
- Secret Fiorina CIA documents: A little too secret?. CIA responds to FOIA with blank pages.
- Older Adults and Social Media
- "Public satisfaction with online agency transparency down"
- Local governments could save a lot of effort by archiving and posting public meetings online.
- Call or e-mail before submitting a request. Some information you want may already be available without having to FOIA.
- The more information is online, the less time spent on fulfilling FOIA requests for government.