Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Whitley's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Whit strongly believes in protecting our teachers’ job security as well as in increasing their pay raise to at least the national average. He believes that the right to public education, explicitly stated in NC’s Constitution, must be adamantly protected."
Jobs And Economy
- Excerpt: "Whit understands the strong correlation between a region’s public education system and its attractiveness to job creators. Companies look at how a state invests in its education when deciding whether or not it will invest in that state."
- Excerpt: "Eastern North Carolina is pivotal to North Carolina’s eco-tourism, which is a large revenue source for the state. Whit will work across the aisle to protect our local environment from special interests."
- Excerpt: "Although Eastern NC has a lower population density than the rest of the state, Whit believes that the eco-tourism Eastern North Carolina provides is invaluable to the state and should merit receiving the transportation dollars to improve the quality of our road systems."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Michael Speciale was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Whit Whitley was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Speciale defeated Whitley in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 3 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Michael Speciale Incumbent||58.1%||14,584|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Whit + Whitley + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 3
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Whit Whitley on Facebook
- Whit Whitley on Twitter
- votewhitley.com, "The Issues," accessed August 19, 2014 (dead link)
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |