Whiteside County, Illinois
- Main Article: Evaluation of Illinois county websites
- Meeting dates and times are posted on the calendar. Meeting minutes and agenda are available.
- County board members are listed with contact information.
- Building and zoning documents are online.
- Local tax information is posted.
- Form to make a public records request is available, as well as information about where to direct any such requests.
- Budget is not published.
- County audits and contracts are not online.
- The site does not disclose whether the county belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Main article: Illinois government sector lobbying
Sunshine Review sent Freedom of Information Act requests to all of the counties in Illinois. Notably, Whiteside was the only county to have sent data in a workable format (XLS) as requested. All other counties sent PDFs or Outlook files. The county also sent a summary of expenditures as well as the actual invoices, another element of FOIA response unique to the county.
- Whiteside County official website
- Whiteside County on Epodunk
- Whiteside County Free Public Records Directory
- Whiteside County Approved Meeting Minutes and Agenda
- County Board Members
- Planning and Zoning
- FOIA Request
- Whiteside County dues - Summary
- "Local counties not among those paying big bucks for lobbyists", Quad-Cities Online, September 9, 2010
- Whiteside County FOIA response to Sunshine Review, March 5, 2010