|Arizona Secretary of State|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||August 26, 2014|
|Master's||Harvard Business School|
|Birthday||September 23, 1970|
|Place of birth||Mesa, AZ|
|Religion||Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints|
Cardon is running for election to the office of Arizona Secretary of State. Cardon is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on August 26, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Cardon's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt: "As an Arizona businessman, I understand what it takes to create jobs and get the U.S. economy moving again. Lower taxes, less regulation and opening foreign markets to U.S. products is the way to create a pro-jobs environment. I strongly oppose any and all earmarks because government shouldn’t be in the business of picking winners and losers amongst industries."
- Secure the Border
- Excerpt: "Washington has failed miserably when it comes to securing our borders. While the federal government refuses to protect our borders, Arizona taxpayers continue to pay the price in the form of increased crime and drugs in our communities."
- Size and Role of Government
- Excerpt: "In today’s tough economy, Arizona families and businesses are forced to do more with less. It’s time Washington does the same thing. We can no longer afford a federal government that grows at 16 percent every two years."
- Healthcare/Repeal Obamacare
- Excerpt: "As a business owner, I understand the burden that rising health care costs have placed on American companies. Instead of choosing to improve health care quality and protect consumer choice in health care decisions, the Obama Administration and the previous Congress passed the unconstitutional Obamacare into law. This law increases costs, decreases quality, hinders individual choice and I believe it must be immediately repealed."
- Arizona Values
- Excerpt: "Strong families are the backbone of a strong country. I am a husband as well as a father of five young children. I am a social conservative who supports pro-life and pro-family policies. I believe life is the most sacred gift that was bestowed on humankind."
|Wil Cardon Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$1,228,825.87||$3,198,945.18||$(1,031,924.63)||$3,395,846.42|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$3,395,846.42||$3,298,820.06||$(4,303,868.75)||$2,390,797.73|
|Pre-Primary||August 16, 2012||$2,390,797.73||$1,343,546||$(3,416,694.07)||$317,649.66|
Cardon and his wife, Nicole, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wil + Cardon + Arizona + Secretary of State"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Leah Landrum Taylor announces Arizona Secretary of State bid - ABC15.com (KNXV-TV)
- Say It Isn't So! Candidates Begin Filing For 2014 State Elections - AzJournal.com
- Wil Cardon for Secretary of State 2014 Official Campaign Website, "Homepage," accessed September 19, 2013
- Eastern Arizona Courier "Cardon announces candidacy for U.S. Senate at Safford meeting" Accessed November 30, 2011
- Associate Press primary results
- Campaign website, Issues
- Federal Election Commission "Wil Cardon's Summary Report," Accessed August 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Wil Cardon April Quarterly," Accessed August 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Wil Cardon July Quarterly," Accessed August 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Wil Cardon Pre-Primary," Accessed August 20, 2012
- Wil Cardon campaign website "Meet Wil," Accessed November 30, 2011
State of Arizona
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Lands | Director of Labor | Chairman of Corporation Commission | State Mine Inspector |