|Board member, Gaston Board of Education, Southpoint District|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 108|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (1984)|
|Master's||Pfeiffer University (1998)|
Neumann received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill in 1984. He earned his Master of Business Administration degree from Pfeiffer University in 1998. He works in real estate. He and his wife, Heather, have two children, Erick and Asher.
- See also: Gaston County Schools elections (2014)
Five seats on the Gaston Board of Education are up for general election on November 4, 2014. Dot Cherry, Nick Huffman, Rebecca Abernethy Schwindeman and Jerry J. Bostic are competing for an at-large seat. In the Southpoint District, at-large board member Chris Howell is facing Wil Neumann. Incumbent Mark A. Stephens is running against challengers Lee Dedmon and Daniel Ware in the Gastonia District. Incumbent Kevin Collier is unopposed in the Riverbend District. In the Dallas Township District, incumbent Kaye Gribble is running against newcomer Catherine Bailey Roberts.
20122012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 109. He was defeated in the Republican primary runoff on July 17, 2012.
Neumann did not seek re-election in 2010.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 108|
|Wil Neumann (R)||18,931|
|Marvin (Eddie) Wyatt (D)||12,848|
|Keith Calvelli (L)||1,045|
In 2008, Neumann collected $38,251 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|NORTH CAROLINA MEDICAL SOCIETY||$6,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION||$4,000|
|GASTON ANESTHESIA ASSOCIATES||$3,000|
|METROLINA AREA RADIOLOGISTS FOR QUALITY IN MEDICINE||$2,000|
- Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
- Energy and Energy Efficiency Committee, North Carolina House
- Finance Committee, North Carolina House
- Health Committee, North Carolina House
- Judiciary I Committee, North Carolina House
- Mental Health Reform Committee, North Carolina House
- Public Utilities Committee, North Carolina House
About the district
- See also: Gaston County Schools, North Carolina
Gaston County underperformed in comparison to the rest of North Carolina in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 18.0 percent of Gaston County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.8 percent for North Carolina as a whole. The median household income in Gaston County was $43,220 compared to $46,450 for the state of North Carolina. The poverty rate in Gaston County was 17.0 percent compared to 16.8 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wil + Neumann + Gaston + County + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Gaston County Schools
- Campaign website
- Representative Neumann's campaign
- North Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Wil Neumann
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Representative Neumann's twitter
- Representative Neumann's facebook
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2008 General Election Results," accessed August 14, 2014
- "2008 campaign contributions"
- 2008 contributions
- United States Census Bureau, "Gaston County, North Carolina," accessed August 14, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed February 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "NC Voter Statistics Results," accessed August 14, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Gaston County Schools Elections|
|Gaston County, North Carolina|
|Election date:||November 4, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: Dot Cherry • Nick Huffman • Rebecca Abernethy Schwindeman • Jerry J. Bostic |
Dallas Township District: Incumbent, Kaye Gribble • Catherine Bailey Roberts
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |