Wild Wings Service Area parcel tax, Measure O (March 2009)
Measure O imposed a parcel tax of:
- $900/parcel for one year.
- $1,700/parcel thereafter, subject to cost-of-living increases not to exceed 4% annually.
Measure O also authorized the Wild Wings County Service Area to buy the 90-acre Wild Wings Golf Course, and all improvements, inventory, furniture, fixtures, and equipment associated with the Golf Course, and to levy a parcel tax on residents to pay for that acquisition.
The election was held as a mail-in ballot only election. A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for passage.
- Final official results from the Yolo County elections office.
The area residents who wrote the ballot argument in favor of Measure O said:
- "One often experiences a sense of relief upon returning home to Wild Wings. Making that final turn off a busy highway into a serene setting of ponds, green fairways and tree lined streetscapes. It would be a shame if, on the other hand, our view was of dead weeds, a littered parking lot, deteriorating club house and more for-sale signs. Join your neighbors in taking control."
The area residents who wrote the ballot argument against Measure O said:
- "It forces us to subsidize a golf course that has lost money since it opened...As neighbors, we want to live in a congenial community that draws others to want to live here, increasing property values. Measure O limits us to just one option; a golf course. Let’s defeat Measure O and together as neighbors, consider all options with transparency and civility to create the best solution for our community."
The question on the ballot:
|Measure O: "To acquire, maintain, operate, and improve the Wild Wings Golf Course, shall the Wild Wings County Service Area levy a special tax not to exceed (a) $900.00 on each residential parcel from the certification of this election and CSA acquisition of the golf course, whichever is later through June 30, 2009; and (b) $1,700.00 annually on each residential parcel, effective July 1, 2009, subject to cost of living adjustments not to exceed four percent annually thereafter?"|
- "Final Results for Wild Wings Service Area Special Tax Election," March 10, 2009
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.