|Wilhelmina M. Wright|
|Minnesota Supreme Court|
|Title: || Justice|
|Appointed by: || Gov. Mark Dayton|
|Active: || 2012-2020|
|Preceded by: || Helen Meyer|
|Past post: || Judge, Court of Appeals|
|Past term: || 2002-2012|
|Past post 2: || Trial judge, Ramsey County District Court (2nd District)|
|Undergraduate: || Yale University, 1986|
|Law School: || Harvard Law School, 1989|
|Candidate for: ||Supreme Court|
|Position: ||Seat 2|
|Election information 2014:|
|Election date: ||11/4/2014|
|Election vote: ||56.8%|
Wilhelmina M. "Mimi" Wright is a judge on the Minnesota Supreme Court. She was appointed by Governor Mark Dayton in August 2012, becoming the first black woman to join the court. She was re-elected in 2014 for a term that expires in 2020.
On April 15, 2015, President Barack Obama nominated Wright to the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Federal judicial nomination
District of Minnesota
| ||Candidate:||Wilhelmina Wright|
| ||Court:||District of Minnesota|
| ||Progress:|| 14 days since nomination.|
|Nominated:||April 15, 2015|
Wright received a nomination to the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota on April 15, 2015, from President Barack Obama. On the nomination:
||I am proud to nominate Justice Wilhelmina Marie Wright to serve on the United States District Court bench. She has a long and distinguished record of service, and I am confident she will serve on the federal bench with distinction.
Wright received her undergraduate degree, graduating cum laude, from Yale University in 1986 and her J.D. degree from Harvard Law School in 1989.
- See also: Minnesota judicial elections, 2014
| Wright ran for re-election to the supreme court.
General: She defeated John Hancock in the general election on November 4, 2014, receiving 56.8 percent of the vote.
Wright was re-elected to the court of appeals after running unopposed.
- See also: Minnesota judicial elections, 2010
- ↑ Minnesota Judicial Branch, "Wilhelmina Wright appointed to Minnesota Supreme Court," August 20, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Minnesota Judicial Branch, "Judge Profile: Associate Justice Wilhelmina M. Wright"
- ↑ The Pioneer Press, "Minnesota Supreme Court: Wilhelmina Wright becomes first female African-American justice," October 17, 2012
- ↑ Judges appointed by Mark Dayton
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 7, 2014
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 The White House, "President Obama Nominates Justice Wilhelmina Marie Wright to Serve on the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota," April 15, 2015
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Offices"