|Kansas House of Representatives District 75|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Hamilton, Kansas|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Carpenter's professional experience includes owning two small businesses in Potwin, Kansas.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Carpenter served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Children and Seniors|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Commerce, Labor and Economic Development|
|• Utilities and Telecommunications|
Carpenter's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner and operator, Will understands the need to promote and expand business to create jobs and grow the economy."
- Excerpt: "Kansas needs a comprehensive energy plan. As your Representative, Will is dedicated to researching all options in regards to energy: coal, nuclear, solar and wind."
- Excerpt: "As a lifelong hunter and statewide leader in conservation efforts, Will understands the need to protect our natural resources while supporting efforts to meet our nation's energy demands."
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Kari Ratliff was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Will Carpenter was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Carpenter won re-election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 75. He defeated Karen Hasting in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Suzanne Scribner (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 75, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 75 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Carpenter is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Carpenter raised a total of $52,195 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 20, 2013.
|Will Carpenter's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 75||$19,525|
|2008||Kansas State Senate , District 16||$32,670|
|Grand Total Raised||$52,195|
2012Carpenter won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Carpenter raised a total of $19,525.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Will Carpenter's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Kansas Optometric Association||$750|
|Kansas Medical Society||$750|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$19,525|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Carpenter lost the election for the Kansas State Senate in 2008. During that election cycle, Carpenter raised a total of $32,670.
|Kansas State Senate 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Will Carpenter's campaign in 2008|
|Carpenter, Will G & Ann P||$10,000|
|Kansas Bowhunters Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$1,000|
|The Buckeye Corp||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2008||$32,670|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Will Carpenter received a score of 69.0% in the 2013 index.
Carpenter and his wife, Ann, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Will + Carpenter + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Rep. Carpenter's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- "willforkansas," Official Campaign Website
- C-SPAN, "August 5th, 2014," accessed August 6, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," accessed July 9, 2012
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Carpenter, Will," accessed June 20, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
John Grange (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 75
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |