|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 56B|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Morgan served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education Finance|
|• Education Policy|
|• Energy Policy, Vice-chair|
|• Health and Human Services Policy|
Morgan's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We know the quality of our schools and the education our students receive is dependent, first and foremost, on the quality of the teachers in the classroom. We cannot degrade that quality by adopting shortcuts to our teacher training or reducing the standards for our children."
- Excerpt: "With the historic deficits we faced in 2009 and 2010, I worked to prioritize nursing homes, minimize the impact of health care costs on families, preserve the health care access fund for its intended purpose and maximize the impact of federal dollars coming to our state."
- Excerpt: "Our natural resources are a Minnesota treasure. And, with the renewable energy standard, our well-educated work force is well positioned to capitalize on the green economy-the growth sector of the 21st century."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014.
Morgan won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 56B. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Roz Peterson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 56B, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Morgan is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Morgan raised a total of $167,312 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 13, 2013.
|Will Morgan's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 56B||$34,482|
|2010||Minnesota House, District 40A||$33,559|
|2008||Minnesota House, District 40A||$44,750|
|2006||Minnesota House, District 40A||$35,028|
|2004||Minnesota House, District 40A||$19,493|
|Grand Total Raised||$167,312|
2012Morgan won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Morgan raised a total of $34,482.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Will Morgan's campaign in 2012|
|52nd Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party New||$1,134|
|56th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$1,050|
|Paul D. Gardner House District 53A Committee||$735|
|Minnesota Nurses Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$34,482|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Will + Morgan + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "votewillmorgan," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Morgan, Will," accessed December 13, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Andrea Kieffer (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 56B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |