|Vermont House Of Representatives, Addison 2|
|2003 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|House Majority Leader|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Campaign donors
- 7 Scorecards
- 8 Voting record
- 9 Personal
- 10 Recent news
- 11 See also
- 12 External links
- 13 References
Jewett earned his B.A. from Bowdoin College in 1985. He went on to receive his J.D. from Lewis and Clark College in 1994.
Jewett is an attorney.
Jewett has served on the Ripton School Board.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jewett served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Fish, Wildlife and Water Resources|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jewett served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Government Operations|
|• Judicial Retention|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jewett served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Judicial Retention|
Jewett's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Making sure that our public education system provides excellent opportunity to kids in all of our communities."
- Excerpt: "Developing an energy portfolio that dramatically reduces our dependence on fossil fuels."
- Excerpt: "A health care system that maintains and improves every Vermonter’s health without placing anyone in financial peril."
- Excerpt: "A clean and healthy environment; one that sustains us and all of the plants and animals we live with."
- Excerpt: "A new farm and forest economy focused on creating and providing value added farm and forest products for local consumption and for export."
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Incumbent Willem Jewett was unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Jewett won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Addison 2. Jewett was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and defeated Tim Ryan (I) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Addison 2 District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Willem Jewett Incumbent||61.3%||1,400|
Comprehensive donor information for Jewett is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Jewett raised a total of $13,271 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Willem Jewett's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Addison-2||$8,011|
|2008||Vermont State House, District Addison-2||$5,260|
|Grand Total Raised||$13,271|
2012Jewett won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Jewett raised a total of $8,011.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Willem Jewett's campaign in 2012|
|King, Warren & Barry||$250|
|Patient Choices Of Vermont||$200|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 693||$200|
|Association Of Vermont Credit Unions||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$8,011|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Jewett raised $5,260 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
In 2010, a year in which Jewett was up for re-election, he collected $4,272 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Willem Jewett's campaign in 2010|
|Seligmann, Michael & Cindy||$500|
|Contributions By Candidate Or Candidates Immediate Family||$247|
|Total Raised in 2010||$4,272|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on whether or not their votes aligned with VBSR’s stance on each policy.
- Vermont Conservation Voters: 2011-2012 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting records on environmental issues.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on voting records on VPIRG-backed legislation to promote clean energy, reduce exposure to toxins, make health care more accessible and affordable and protect our democracy.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Jewett voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Jewett and his wife, Jean Cherouny, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Willem + Jewett + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Willem Jewett for House, "About," accessed October 24, 2012
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Jewett, Willem," accessed September 21, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013
State of Vermont
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Food & Markets | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Board |