|U.S. House, Florida, District 17|
|Bachelor's||Whitworth College, 1961|
|Master's||Suffolk University, 1968|
|Birthday||August 16, 1939|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Bronson was born in Chicago in 1939.
- 1957:Morgan Park High School
- 1957 - 1959: Carleton College, Minnesota
- 1959 - 1961: Whitworth College, Spokane, BA Economics
- 1966 - 1968: Suffolk University, Boston, MA Education
- 1971 - 1975: Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, MTS
- 2006 - 2008: Episcopal Divinity School, Cambridge, Doctor of Ministry
- 1961 - 1966: US Navy, Pensacola, Ltjg. Naval Aviator
- 1966 - 1991: Northeast/Delta Airlines, pilot,
Bronson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Debt and Balanced Budget
- Excerpt: "here has been a concerted effort by the power brokers in Washington and New York to convince the average voter that we are sinking in red ink. They do this to frighten us into legislation that cuts government programs and weaken government regulations that could affect their operations. The truth is that this country makes $15 trillion each year (GNP) and our debt of $15 trillion is large but not overwhelming."
- The Environment
- Excerpt: "Our precious planet is being raped by the greed of multi-national companies, especially in the developing world where governmental controls were bargained away by the World Bank and International Monetary Fund insisting on Friedmanite policies from the Chicago School of Economics"
- Right to Life
- Excerpt: "If you must have a label, call me moderate pro-life. I say that because I would never encourage abortion, but the final decision has to belong to the woman, herself. Existing laws are sufficient. The focus must be on preventing unwanted pregnancy, and the surest way, and least expensive I might add, is abstinence."
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "I believe all citizens, except felons and the mentally ill, have the right to bear arms. The 2nd amendment was written at a time when our country had just overcome occupation by England. The greatest violence against citizens has not been caused by legally armed citizens, but by governments like Germany, USSR, China, Cambodia and many others preying on their unarmed populations."
Bronson was defeated by Republican Thomas J. Rooney. Bronson ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 17th District. Bronson won the nomination on the Democratic ticket. Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of June 8, 2012. The primary elections were held on August 14, 2012. Bronson ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012.
|U.S. House, Florida District 17 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thomas J. Rooney||58.6%||165,488|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Florida, District 17, 2012 - William Bronson Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,096,522|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,092,225|
|Top contributors to William Bronson's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Bronson and his wife Christine have five adult children: Robin, Bill, Peter, Flor, Alex.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "William + Bronson + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |