William Ferguson, IV
|William Ferguson, IV|
|Maryland State Senate District 46|
|January 12, 2011-Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Davidson College, 2005|
|Master's||John Hopkins School of Education, 2007|
|J.D.||University of Maryland School of Law, 2010|
|Birthday||April 15, 1983|
|Place of birth||Rockville, MD|
Ferguson earned his B.A. in Political Science and Economics in 2005, his M.A.T. from The Johns Hopkins University School of Education in 2007, and his J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law in 2010. His professional experience includes working as a Teach for America high school teacher in the Baltimore City Public Schools.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ferguson served on these committees:
- Children, Youth, and Families
- Education, Health and Environmental Affairs
- Subcommittee on Education
- Subcommittee on Environment
- Subcommittee on Labor, Licensing, and Regulation
- Welfare Reform
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maryland State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Bill Ferguson defeated Mateen Zar in the Democratic primary.
|Maryland State Senate, District 46 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Bill Ferguson Incumbent||89.8%||7,282|
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2010
Ferguson was unopposed in the November 2 general election.
Across the country in 2010, state senate elections were held in 43 states. 1,167 state senate seats were at stake. In all 1,167 state senate districts with an election in 2010, only 19 challengers (12 Democrats and 7 Republicans) defeated an incumbent state senator. Ferguson was one of the 12 Democratic challengers who defeated an incumbent Democratic state senator.
|Maryland State Senate, District 46 (2010) General Election|
|Bill Ferguson (D)||19,126||100%|
|Maryland State Senate, District 46- Democratic Primary (2010)|
In 2010, Ferguson raised $188,953 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Service Employees DC & Maryland State Council 54||$6,000|
Ferguson has a wife, Lea.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term William + Ferguson + Maryland + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland State Senate
- Maryland Senate Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland State Senate District 46
- Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2010 General Election Official Results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2010 Gubernatorial Primary Election Results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed December 23, 2013
|Maryland State Senate District 46
| Succeeded by|