Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, North Carolina , District 6|
|High school||Needham Broughton High|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill|
As of the 2012 election, Flynn was a well-known radio personality in the 6th Congressional District.
Flynn ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent North Carolina's 6th District. Flynn sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates who wished to run was February 29, 2012. Flynn faced incumbent Rep. Howard Coble (R) and Billy Yow in the May 8, 2012, Republican primary. Flynn was defeated by Howard Coble in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as 1 of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
|U.S. House, North Carolina District 6 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Howard Coble Incumbent||57.3%||50,701|
At the North Carolina 6th District Republican Convention on April 10, Flynn won 52.8 percent of the vote in an informal straw poll. Incumbent Rep. Howard Coble only received 32.1 percent of the poll, while Billy Yow received 9.4 percent.
As of April 18, 2012, Flynn had raised $36,121 during the 2012 election cycle and spent $32,475, leaving him with $3,646 cash on hand. Of that, 56 percent came from candidate self-financing, while 43 percent came from individual contributions.
- WRAL.com "2012 NC congressional candidates" Accessed April 26, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "Primary Election Results" Accessed May 9, 2012.
- Greensboro News-Record "Radio host shifts to the right with a new station" Accessed April 28, 2012
- Washington Post "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Results"
- Greensboro News-Record "Local straw poll roils U.S. House race" Accessed April 28, 2012
- opensecrets.org Accessed May 5, 2012