William H. Campbell
|William H. Campbell|
|Master's||Johns Hopkins University|
|Service/branch||United State Navy|
Campbell served as a Commissioned Officer in the United States Naval Reserve from 1967 until 1984 when he was honorably discharged.
Campbell has pursued a career in finance working to find solutions for large private organizations facing financial challenges. He also served as the Chief Financial Officer for the U.S. Coast Guard and the Department of Veterans Affairs and was a member of the NASA Audit and Financial Analysis Committee.
Additionally, Campbell serves as the co-chair for the Maryland Taxpayers' Association.
- B.S., Marine and Electrical Engineering, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 1967
- Diploma, National Defense University, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Resource Management, 1984
- M.S., Johns Hopkins University, Technical Management, 1987
- Certificate, Harvard University, Senior Managers in Government, 1993
- Certificate, Harvard University, Finance for Senior Executives, 1995
- Certificate, Harvard University, Delivering Information Services, 1996
Campbell provided the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||I want to end structural budget deficits, reform the State employee pension funds and the retiree healthcare fund, eliminate wasteful spending, and provide outstanding financial management to Maryland.||”|
Campbell and his wife, Pam, live in Columbia, Maryland. They have two children and three grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "William + Campbell + Maryland + Comptroller"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- William Campbell for Maryland Comptroller 2014: "Homepage," accessed September 9, 2013
- William Campbell for Maryland Comptroller 2014: "About Bill," accessed January 19, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on January 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |