Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey General Assembly District 5|
|Profession||Equipment Operator, Sun Oil|
In an interview with the Gloucester County Times, Levins listed his top priorities:
- "Help our small businesses grow successful and put our unemployed residents back on the job. Lower government spending, eliminate waste in our state agencies and maximize shared services to reduce property taxes. Use saved tax dollars to pay for critical public obligations like education, infrastructure, public safety and debt reduction. Prospering businesses hire new employees and extra tax revenues from both add to our state’s treasury, allowing New Jersey to fulfill public obligations without raising taxes."
(For responses from all the candidates, see the full story here.)
Levins was a candidate for District 5 of the New Jersey General Assembly. He was defeated in the November 8 general election. Ari Ford and Levins were bracketed together in the June 7 primary. Ford and Levins defeated Donna Ward in the primary. Incumbents Gilbert Wilson and Angel Fuentes ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary. Ultimately, Ford dropped out the race citing personal reasons. He was replaced by Terrell Ratliff.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 5," November 4, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 5," October 18, 2011
- NJ.com, "NJ's Fifth Legislative District candidates for Senate and Assembly pinpoint pressing state matters," October 11, 2011 (Interview)
- NJ.com, "Five Republican candidates running in fifth legislative district primary," May 29, 2011
- NJ.com, "NJ's Fifth Legislative District candidates for Senate and Assembly pinpoint pressing state matters," October 11, 2011
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- NJ.com, "Republicans replace Assembly candidates in 4th, 5th Districts," September 03, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |