Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Fourteenth Worcester District|
|High school||South High Community School|
|Bachelor's||Anna Maria College|
|Ph.D.||Louisiana State University|
McCarthy is a criminal justice educator at a number of colleges.
McCarthy's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Keeping taxes under control is one of the biggest problems that our community currently faces, and will continue to face, for the foreseeable future."
Reform The EBT And Welfare System
- Excerpt:"We want to make sure recipients are using them to provide necessities such as food and clothing not for alcohol, bail, tattoos, vacations, or in jewelry stores or for manicures."
Develop Job Opportunities
- Excerpt:"Encourage economic development by working with small businesses which are the lifeblood to the State so that our economy’s job creators – can invest, hire or expand."
McCarthy ran in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Fourteenth Worcester District. He was unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent James O'Day (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
McCarthy and his wife Debora have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "William + McCarthy + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "billmccarthyforstaterepresentative," Official Campaign Website
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |