William W. Hood
|William W. Hood|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Colorado Supreme Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. John Hickenlooper|
|Preceded by:||Michael Bender|
|Past post:||Judge, Colorado Second Judicial District Court|
|Past post 2:||Shareholder, Isaacson Rosenbaum P.C.|
|Undergraduate:||Syracuse University, 1985|
|Law School:||University of Virginia, 1990|
William W. Hood is an associate justice of the seven member Colorado Supreme Court. He was appointed to the court by Governor John Hickenlooper on October 25, 2013 to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Chief Justice Michael Bender. Hood assumed office on January 7, 2014 and will serve a provisional two-year term before being required to run for retention in the 2016 general election. If approved, he would then serve for a term of ten years.
Prior to joining the Colorado Supreme Court, Hood served as a judge for the Colorado Second Judicial District Court, a position he was appointed to by former Governor Bill Ritter in April 2007. Before he became a judge, Hood was a shareholder at the law firm of Isaacson Rosenbaum P.C. He has also previously worked as a chief deputy district attorney in the Colorado Eighteenth Judicial District and as an associate attorney for the firm of McKenna and Cuneo.
Awards and associations
- Denver Bar Association’s Board of Trustees
- Colorado Bar Association’s Board of Governors
- 2011: Judicial Excellence Award, Denver Bar Association
- Main article: Colorado judicial elections, 2010
Hood was recommended for retention to the district court by the Colorado Office of Judicial Performance Evaluation.
- Read the performance review here.
- News: Hood appointed to Colorado Supreme Court, October 28, 2013
- Courts in Colorado
- Judicial selection in Colorado
- The Denver Post, "Hickenlooper appoints Hood as new Colorado Supreme Court justice," October 25, 2013
- Martindale.com, Judge Profile: William W. Hood
- Colorado Advocates, "Ritter appoints William W. Hood to Denver District Court Bench," April 19, 2007
- Judicial Branch, State of Colorado: 2nd Judicial District Judges
- University of Denver College of Law, Faculty Profile: Judge Will Hood Biography
- Denver County Elections, Unofficial 2010 General Election Results