|New Jersey General Assembly, District 24|
|Bachelor's||Jersey City State|
|Master's||Jersey City State, Fordham University|
Weightman's earned his B.A. from Jersey City State in 1970, his MA from Jersey City State in 1972 and his M.A. from Fordham University in 1980. His professional experience includes working as a college instructor from 1970 to 1990 and as an administrator in Sussex and Warren Counties for the New Jersey Department of Labor.
Weightman's official campaign website listed four main campaign themes:
- A minimum wage indexed to inflation;
- The development of projects that will reduce the commuting time from our area;
- Education for students of all ages so they can compete locally on the world stage in an ever changing global economy; and
- Tightened laws on Constructive Discharge of older workers, making certain that legal protections for all workers are enforced.
Weightman ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 24. Weightman was bracketed with Susan M. Williams. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He was defeated by incumbent Alison McHose (R) and incumbent Parker Space (R) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
- The Sierra Club
Weightman and his wife, Hilda, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "William + Weightman + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- William Weightman official campaign website
- William Weightman official website
- Project Vote Smart - William Weightman
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- "William Weightman official campaign website," accessed May 9, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- Sierra Club endorsements, "NJ Chapter's State Legislative Endorsements ," accessed September 11, 2013
- Planned Parenthood NJ "Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey Announces Endorsements in State Elections," accessed September 5, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |