Willie Mae Allen
|Willie Mae Allen|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Sixth Suffolk|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
On February 9, 2010, Allen announced she would be retiring and not seeking re-election.
Allen worked as Special Project Coordinator for the City of Boston Public Health Commission from 1996-2002. She was also Mayoral Aide for the City of Boston, Director of Grandparents Program, and Director of the Blue Hill Avenue Coalition.
Allen is a member of the Massachusetts Democratic State Committee, Board of Directors of ABCD Public, Daughters of Isis, National Organization of Black Elected Legislative/Women, Order of the Golden Circle, TOPS, Massachusetts Black Legislative Caucus, and Massachusetts Women Legislative Caucus.
Allen did not run for re-election in 2010.
Allen raised $30,622 for his campaign.
|Massachusetts State House of Representatives, Sixth Suffolk (2008)|
|Willie Mae Allen (D)||9,690|
Allen raised $30,622 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Willie Mae Allen||$2,000|
|Massachusetts Federation of Teachers||$1,000|
|Barbara F. Lee||$1,000|
|John F. Maher||$700|
|16 different donors||$500|
- Willie Mae Allen's personal website
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Willie Mae Allen
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Dorchester Reporter, "Rep. Willie Mae Allen will not seek re-election," February 9, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. St. Allen
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed February 13, 2014
- 2008 Massachusetts Election Fundraising, Candidates
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Suffolk 6
| Succeeded by|
Russell Holmes (D)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |