Wilson County, Tennessee
Wilson County is one of 95 counties in Tennessee. In 2009, the population estimate was 112,377. The U.S. Census Bureau estimated that the growth rate since the last census was 26.5%, compared to 10.7% for the state of Tennessee as a whole.
Wilson County was established by an act of the Third General Assembly of the State of Tennessee on October 26, 1799, three years after the organization of the state itself and consists of 583.27 square miles. The county was named in honor of Major David Wilson, a native of Pennsylvania, who came to Sumner County while it was yet a part of North Carolina. He was the first Speaker of the Territorial Assembly.
- Main article: Evaluation of Tennessee county websites
This website was most recently evaluated on 24 October 2012.
- Administrative Officials
- Administrative officials are listed with names, physical addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses
- Building Permits and Zoning
- Contracts are not available but are "under construction"
- Public Records
- Approved contract statements are not available for vendors above $10,000.
- Official Wilson County Website
- Wilson County Website
- Wilson County Information
- Wilson County Profile
- News in Wilson County
- U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts
- Wilson County, TN Website
- Wilson County, TN Home page (Search page for relevant content)
- Wilson County, TN -- Commissioners
- [http://www.wilsoncountytn.com/agenda.htm Wilson County, TN -- Agendas
- [http://www.wilsoncountytn.com/Archived%20Agendas.htm Wilson County, TN -- Agendas
- [http://www.wilsoncountytn.com/COUNTY%20COMMISSION%20MINUTES.htm Wilson County, TN -- Meeting minutes
- Wilson County, TN -- County Offices
- [http://www.wilsoncountytn.com/Building%20Inspectors%20Office.htm Wilson County, TN -- Building inspector's office.
- Wilson County, Building permits, Accessed: Oct. 17, 2012
- Wilson County, TN -- Contracts
- How to Request Public Records
- 2012-13 Budget for Wilson County, TN. Accessed 11 Oct 2012 (PDF)