Winston-Salem, North Carolina
|James Taylor, Jr.||Councilmember|
|Anne Jones||Director Budget & Evaluation|
|Angela Carmon||City Attorney|
|Lee Garrity||City Manager|
|Renee Phillips||City Secretary|
|Ritchie Brooks||Director Community & Business Development|
|Melton Sadler||Director Emergency Management|
|Robert Prestwood||City Engineer|
|Denise Bell||Chief Financial Officer|
|Antony Farmer||Fire Chief|
|Wanda Allen-Abraha||Director Human Relations|
|Carmen Caruth||Director Human Resources|
|Ed McNeal||Director of Marketing & Communications|
|Paul Norby||Director Planning|
|Scott Cunningham||Chief of Police|
|Tim Grant||Director Parks and Recreation|
|Toneq’ McCullough||Director Transportation|
|David Saunders||Director Utilities|
The general fund for FY2011-12 is $390.6 million. The largest expenditure is environmental health (40.7%), followed by public safety (21.9%), debt service (11.4%), transportation (8.9%), recreation and culture (5.2%), community and economic development (4.7%), interdepartmental services (2,9%) and human resource management (2.4%).
The city of Winston-Salem received $47,456,760 in federal stimulus money through 92 grants and no contracts.<.ref>Winston-Salem Federal stimulus</ref>
Property taxes generate the second-most amount of revenue for the city, generating 25.5%. Sales taxes generate 7% of revenue, and charges for services generate 31.3%.
Property tax revenue fell 0.2% from FY2010-11 to FY2011-12 ($99,594,680). Sales taxes increased 6.3% from FY2010-11 to FY2011-12, generating $27,509,630.
See also: North Carolina state government salary
See also: North Carolina public pensions
|Transparency grading process|
This information was last reviewed on June 15, 2012.
- The current budget is published
- The calendar of meetings and meeting agendas and minutes are available and archived at least three years
- Names of elected officials, individual email address, individual phone numbers, and a physical address is available
- Names of administrative officials, individual email address, individual phone numbers, and a physical address is available
- Permit applications are available for download and zoning ordinances are available
- The current audit is published and previous audits are available for the last three years
- Bids are posted, including approved contracts over $10,000
- Tax revenues are available
- Archived budgets are unavailable.
- Public records forms and contact information is unavailable and a search does not turn up any relevant results.
- A link to tax rates is unavailable.
- Lobbyists, lobbying memberships and associated fees are unavailable.
- Winston-Salem Wikipedia
- 11-12 Budget/Adopted/Total Budget Summary.pdf General fund and expenditures
- 11-12 Budget/Adopted/Total Budget Summary.pdf Tax revenue breakdown
- 2011-12 Budget
- Meetings, agendas, minutes and archives
- Elected officials
- Administrative officials
- Bid results
- 11-12 Budget/Adopted/Total Budget Summary.pdf Tax revenue