For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Wisconsin's 22nd Assembly District
The 22nd Assembly District of Wisconsin is one of 99 Districts in the Wisconsin State Assembly. The seat was held by Sandy Pasch of Milwaukee. This district is one of three assembly districts in Wisconsin's 8th State Senate District. This seat used to be held by Sheldon Wasserman
- 1 Area Covered
- 2 Demographics
- 3 Jobs and the Economy
- 4 Political Affliation
- 5 Notes
Also, the Northern half of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee campus is represented in this district.
54,361 citizens reside in the 22nd Assembly District.
Breakdown of Population by race
- 47,086-White 86.61%
- 3,995-Black 7.35%
- 1,704-Asian 3.13%
- 171-American Indian 0.31%
- 21-Pacific Islander 0.03%
- 172-Other 0.32%
- 125-Multi-Racial 0.23%
- 1,087-Hispanic 2.00%
Breakdown of Population By Age
- Ages 18-64 60.1%
- Ages 5-17 17.8%
- 65 and Over 16.1%
- 5 and Under 6.0%
Breakdown of Population by Educational Attainment
- At Least a High School Degree/GED 60%
- College Degree or Higher 30%
Median Income by Household
- Village of Whitefish Bay $80,755
- City of Glendale $55,306
- Village of Fox Point $80,572
- Town of Shorewood $88,982
- City of Milwaukee Wards in AD 22 $42,000-Approximate
The Average Median Income is $69,523 for the 22nd Assembly District
28,863 females reside in the Assembly District over 25,498 males.
Jobs and the Economy
The 22nd District is well off economically as less than one percent of the districts residents live on some form of non-social security public assistance.
The 22nd Assembly District usually has one of the lowest unemployment rates out of all 99 Assembly Districts, and that is played by some top employers who do business in the district. These top employers include:
- David Hobbs Honda-Glendale
- Sprecher Brewery-Glendale
- Johnson Controls-Glendale
- North Shore Bank-Shorewood
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Also, Glendale has an industrial park that attracts the manufacturing and other sectors to the City of Glendale.
Employees By Industry
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing, hunting, mining 47
- Construction 800
- Manufacturing 3,234
- Wholesale trade 952
- Retail trade 2854
- Transportation, warehousing, utilities 717
- Information 4,186
- Finance, insurance, real estate 2,703
- Professional, management, administrative 4,201
- Educational, health, social services 8,074
- Entertainment, accommodation, food services 1,673
- Other services (except public administration) 1,076
- Public administration 709
Employees by Occupation
- Management, professional 16,011
- Service 2,393
- Sales, office 7,252
- Farming, fishing, forestry 15
- Construction, extraction, maintenance 768
- Production, transportation, material moving 1735
30 Wards in Milwaukee County make up the 22nd Assembly District including four in the City of Milwaukee.
Despite the State of Wisconsin does not require registered voters to disclose their party aflliation Democrats from 2004 Presidential Results and the last contested election in the 22nd Assembly District Between Two Opponents show that Democrats have a 7,000 voter edge over Republicans as the Dems have a 22,588 to 15,859 edge on voters.