Woodbridge Township School District, New Jersey
|Woodbridge Township School District|
|Middlesex County, New Jersey|
|Number of schools:||24|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Brian Molnar|
- 1 About the district
- 2 Superintendent
- 3 School board
- 4 Budget
- 5 Teacher salaries
- 6 Schools in Woodbridge Township School District
- 7 Website evaluation
- 8 Contact information
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
About the district
Woodbridge Township outperformed state rates for poverty and median income while lagging behind the state rate for higher education achievement in 2010. The town had a poverty rate of 5.4% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 9.4%. The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Woodbridge Township's median income at $78,446 while the state median income was $71,180. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (34.6%) is below the state average (35%).
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
The current superintendent of Woodbridge Township School District is Robert Zega, who was appointed to the position in 2013. He has his Bachelor's degree from the University of Delaware, his Master's degree from Kean University and his doctorate from Nova Southeastern University. Prior to his appointment, he served as the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction.
The Woodbridge Township School Board has nine members that are elected at-large to three-year terms.
|Woodbridge Township School Board|
|John Golden||Vice President||2016|
|Frank DellaPietro III||Member||2014|
|Brian F. Small||Member||2016|
|Monica Michelle Smith||Member||2014|
School board elections
Three seats on the Woodbridge Township School Board were up for election on November 5, 2013. Three seats will be up for election in 2014 and three seats will be up in 2015.
Woodbridge Township School District published its annual budget on their district website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Woodbridge Township School District does not publish its teacher salary schedule on its website.
Schools in Woodbridge Township School District
Woodbridge Township School District serves 13,276 students, as of 2012-2013 enrollment data. The district experienced a 0.98% increase in enrollment between 2008 and 2012. The following chart details enrollment in the district between 2008 and 2012:
|Year||Enrollment||Year-to-year change (%)|
Woodbridge Township School District operates 24 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Woodbridge Township School District|
|Avenel Street Elementary School|
|Avenel Middle School|
|Claremont Avenue Elementary School|
|Colonia High School|
|Colonia Middle School|
|Ford Avenue Elementary School|
|Fords Middle School|
|Indiana Avenue Elementary School|
|Iselin Middle School|
|John F. Kennedy Memorial High School|
|Kennedy Park Elementary School|
|Lafayette Estates Elementary School|
|Lynn Crest Elementary School|
|Matthew Jago Elementary School|
|Mawbey Street Elementary School|
|Menlo Park Terrace Elementary School|
|Oak Ridge Heights Elementary School|
|Pennsylvania Avenue Elementary School|
|Port Reading Elementary School|
|Robert Mascenik Elementary School|
|Ross Street Elementary School|
|Woodbine Avenue Elementary School|
|Woodbridge High School|
|Woodbridge Middle School|
|Transparency grading process|
- Budget is posted.
- Contact information for elected officials is posted.
- Meeting agendas and notices are posted, but minutes are not available.
- Contact information for public records is posted, along with an Open Records Request Form.
- The district has begun making videos of board meetings available online.
- Academic Performance is provided.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided.
- Tax revenue information is provided in the budget, but the tax rate and percent of tax devoted to the school district is not noted.
- Meeting minutes not available.
- Website does not have a search function.
- Audits were not posted on the website, but were found on the state website.
- Rules regarding contracts are not posted.
- Teacher contracts are not available.
- Information regarding background checks is not provided.
- School board elections portal
- Woodbridge Township School District elections (2013)
- List of school districts in New Jersey
- New Jersey
- Woodbridge Township School District, " Woodbridge Township School District FISCAL YEAR: 2011-12," accessed December 2, 2013
- 2010 U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Woodbridge Township," accessed October 30, 2013
- City of Perth Amboy, "General Election Results," accessed October 21, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Woodbridge Township School District, "Central Administration," accessed January 29, 2014
- Woodbridge Township School District, "Board of Education," accessed January 29, 2014
- State of New Jersey Department of Education, "Fall Enrollment Charts," accessed January 28, 2014
- Freehold Regional High School District, "Home," accessed January 27, 2014
- Board of Education
- Open Records
- Meeting Video
- Test Scores
- 2011-2012 Budget