For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 74|
|Date of birth||March 27, 1955|
|Place of birth||Mount Sterling, Kentucky|
Wells' Facebook page highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||Things I want to do:
I am like the majority of people, I am sick and tired of what is going on and I have the backbone to stand up and say we have had enough. If you are like me on payday and see a third of your pay going to taxes it makes you sick. We need tax reform now. It is not fair for the working men and women to be penalized because we are the ones working. I have a plan!
It seems to me nobody on the federal level or state level want to fix the illegal immigration situation because of the Hispanic vote. I have many Hispanic friends that love America as we do and want to be good citizens and they have that right, but; let us do it the right way.Kentucky can lead the way by proposing a program to let Hispanic other ethnic groups to purchase a work license for a dollar amount set forth by the legislature and this would allow them to stay here while the gain there citizenship within 5 years. They would be issued a Ky. control number which would act as a social security number allowing them to have taxes deducted from their pay checks. Also, they can purchase medical insurance as we do. This would lighten the heavy burden placed on a system that is broken. 
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Incumbent Richard Henderson ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while David Hale defeated Woody Wells in the Republican primary. Hale defeated Henderson in the general election.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 74 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Richard Henderson Incumbent||47.2%||7,453|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 74 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Woody + Wells + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky House of Representatives
- Kentucky House of Representatives District 74
- Kentucky House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Kentucky State Legislature
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings with the Office of the Secretary of State," accessed October 29, 2014
- Facebook, "Vote Woody Wells Republican State Rep 74th - About," accessed May 7, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Election Results," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 General Election Results," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |