Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Georgia, District 12|
|Bachelor's||U.S. Naval Academy|
|J.D.||University of Georgia School of Law|
- Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science, U.S. Naval Academy
- Juris Doctorate, University of Georgia School of Law
- Masters in National Security Studies, Georgetown University
McLeod attended the United States Naval Academy. He retired as a Commander after 20 years of service. As of the 2012 election, he was running a real estate law firm.
McLeod ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Georgia's 12th District. McLeod was defeated in the Republican primary. The signature filing deadline was May 25, 2012, with the primary on July 31, 2012. The primary election will be recounted and the top two candidates will go to run-election.
|U.S. House, Georgia District 12 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Wright McLeod (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||March 31, 2012||$130,337.75||$149,704.59||$(81,059.67)||$198,982.67|
McLeod and his wife Sheri are the parents three daughters: Collier, Margaret and Grace.
- Wright McLeod for Congress "about" Accessed July 24, 2012
- The Augusta Chronicle "McLeod joins 12th Congressional District race" Accessed December 4, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"
- Federal Election Commission, "Wright McLeod Summary Report," accessed June 26, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Wright McLeod April Quarterly," accessed June 26, 2012