For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Writing:Issue positions (state executive officials)
This section is added to profiles about current officeholders and candidates for state executive offices. It is a subset of the elections section.
This section should only be included when officials or candidates have specifically outlined their issue positions either on their website, campaign website, or by answering Project Vote Smart's Political Courage Test or other similar questionnaires.
Below is an example of how this section would appear in an article. See also: Niki Bird Papazoglakis.
In a candidate questionnaire submitted to the Times-Picayune, Papazoglakis said:
Louisiana needs change. We need more jobs, better jobs, education and works for our children and politicians who work for the people.
On her campaign website, she touches on the following issues:
- Criminal justice: Niki, as a longtime advocate for survivors of violent crime, believes in a strong, fair jusice system and supports policies that protect our community.
- Government performance: "Niki Bird believes in a government that works smartly and efficiently for the people!"
- "Did you know that the State of Louisiana collects 20 cents of every gallon of gas at the pump? That’s well below the national average of 29.2 cents.
- Alaska has a revenue sharing plan with the oil companies in which the State of Alaska receives royalties from ALL the oil that is processed through their State. They only pay 8 cents per gallon of gas.
- Louisiana’s plan differs in that we have a severance tax on oil and natural gas resources produced in our state which causes us to earn less of the proceeds, pay higher taxes at the pump, and absorb the environmental impacts without the resources to correct the environmental damage.
- Check out the LA Self Help Plan for more information."