Wyoming Department of Education
|Wyoming Department of Education|
|FY 2014 Budget:||$260.3 million|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
List of school districts in Wyoming
Public education in Wyoming
School board elections portal
|“||The Wyoming Department of Education's mission is to lead, model and support continuous improvement of education for everyone in Wyoming. The Wyoming Department of Education is a service organization dedicated to the people of the state. The department believes that continuous improvement of education is at the heart of strong communities, economy and an improved quality of life. The department is committed to ensuring that all learners have appropriate opportunities to master an ambitious core of knowledge and skills.||”|
State Board of Education
The State Board of Education is composed of 11 members appointed to six-year terms and the state superintendent of public instruction. Each member is appointed by the Governor with approval of the Wyoming State Senate. Board membership includes one certified teacher, one school administrator, two representatives of the business community and seven lay members. State law requires the board to maintain partisan balance by preventing more than six members of a single party from serving at the same time. The board is responsible for developing school improvement plans, annual student testing and teacher evaluations.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wyoming + Department + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wyoming Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Public education in Wyoming
- School board elections portal
- Wyoming Department of Administration and Information, "2013-2014 Budget Request," accessed January 21, 2014
- Wyoming State Historic Preservation Office, "Timeline of Wyoming School History," accessed January 21, 2014
- Wyoming Department of Education, "Fall Enrollment Summary By Grade For Districts And State For: 2012-13," accessed January 21, 2013
- Wyoming State Library, "Department of Education," accessed January 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Wyoming Superintendent of Public Instruction, "Main page," accessed January 21, 2014
- Wyoming Department of Education, "History of the Wyoming State Board of Education," accessed February 19, 2014 (dead link)
State of Wyoming
List of Wyoming ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Department of Audit Director | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Workforce Services | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Wyoming Department of Education | Wyoming school districts |