Wyoming House of Representatives District 14
|Wyoming House of Representatives District 14|
|Current incumbent||Kermit C. Brown|
|Race||90.7% White, 1.6% Black or African American, 0.4% American Indian or Alaska Native, 6.1% Asian, 0.0% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, 1.1% Other; 2.5% Two or More Races|
|Ethnicity||87.3% Not Hispanic, 12.7% Hispanic|
|Voting age||86.4% age 18 and over|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
As of the 2010 census, a total of 9,049 civilians reside within Wyoming's fourteenth state house district. Wyoming's state representatives represent an average of 9,394 residents. After the 2000 Census, each member represented 8,230 residents.
About the office
Section 2 of Article 3 of the Wyoming Constitution states, "Senators shall be elected for the term of four (4) years and representatives for the term of two (2) years. The senators elected at the first election shall be divided by lot into two classes as nearly equal as may be. The seats of senators of the first class shall be vacated at the expiration of the first two years, and of the second class at the expiration of four years. No person shall be a senator who has not attained the age of twenty-five years, or a representative who has not attained the age of twenty-one years, and who is not a citizen of the United States and of this state and who has not, for at least twelve months next preceding his election resided within the county or district in which he was elected."
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the Wyoming Legislature are paid $150/day. Legislators receive $109/day per diem, set by the legislature.
If there is a vacancy in the senate, the Board of County Commissioners representing the vacant seat must select a replacement. The state central committee of the political party that last held the seat must submit a list of three candidates to the Board of County Commissioners. The party committee must submit the list of candidates within 30 days after the vacancy happened.
The Board of County Commissioners selects the replacement within five days of receiving the list of candidates. The person appointed to the seat serves for the remainder of the unexpired term.
Elections for the office of Wyoming House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 30, 2014. Incumbent Kermit Brown ran unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Elections for the office of Wyoming House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on August 21, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Kermit C. Brown (R) defeated Tim Nyquist (D) in the general election. Both candidates were unopposed in the primary elections.
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kermit C. Brown Incumbent||61.2%||2,126|
Since 2000, candidates for Wyoming House of Representatives District 14 have raised a total of $66,829. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $4,455 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, Wyoming House of Representatives District 14|
- For more information on the parameters the U.S. Census Bureau use, please see our Race and Ethnicity on the United States Census page.
- State of Wyoming, Demographic Data, accessed October 7, 2013
- U.S. Census Bureau, "2010 Census Interactive Population Search," accessed February 14, 2014
- U.S. Census Bureau, "States Ranked by Population," April 2, 2001. Accessed February 13, 2014
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- Wyoming Legislature, "Wyoming Election Code," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Statute 22-18-111 (iii)-(A))
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Candidate Roster," accessed May 31, 2014
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2014 Official General Election Results," accessed November 12, 2014
- http://soswy.state.wy.us/Elections/Docs/2012/2012PrimaryRoster.pdf Wyoming Secretary of State, 2012 Primary Candidate Roster, accessed October 7, 2013]
- Wyoming Secretary of State, Wyoming Primary Election, August 21, 2012
- Wyoming Secretary of State, Wyoming General Election, November 6, 2012