Wyoming launches redistricting website
Among the items available to the public on the website are:
- PowerPoint presentation regarding redistricting
- Redistricting Principles to be following by legislators
- The interim committee page
- Tentative schedule of meetings
- Historical maps and current maps with new population data and deviation from ideal figures
The first public meeting is scheduled for May 25 while the final meeting would be August 16. Currently, 11 total meetings have been scheduled.
The Senate district with the greatest population deviation is District 23, currently represented by John Hines (R). That district has a new population of 26,474, which is 40.91% above the ideal level of 18,788. In the House, District 31 has the greatest deviation with a population of 14,418 -- 53.48% above the ideal population of 9,394 for House districts.