|California State Senate, District 40|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||March 12, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Golden State University|
|Master's||Golden State University|
Gionis earned both her B.S. in Biology and her M.S. in Human Health Sciences from Golden State University. She then received her JD. Gionis went on to complete her LLM in Intercultural Human Rights at St. Thomas University, School of Law.
In 2006, Gionis founded the Aristotle University Schools of Public Health and Law. She currently is the provost of Aristotle University.
"Political Platform - The "People's Congresswoman". Successful businesswoman and educator who will go to Washington, D.C., in 2013, representing her constituents, regardless of political ideology or party. Gionis is a results oriented candidate whose impetus for a political campaign to U.S. Congress was her observation that the constituents of her District were suffering with the highest unemployment rate in the nation along with widespread and very serious issues of poverty. Congresswoman Gionis has promised to serve the People when elected to the U.S. Congress and will ensure that their basic needs are met first. She has presented plans that will then provide extensive educational and employment opportunities throughout California's 51st District, to include a new medical school to directly address the economic and health issues of the Imperial County, California."
Gionis ran in a special election for California State Senate District 40. The seat was vacant following Juan Vargas's (D) election to the 51st Congressional District of California on November 6, 2012. Gionis was defeated by Ben Hueso (D) in the special election on March 12, 2013.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Xanthi + Gionis + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- sos.ca.gov, "Official special election results," accessed November 18, 2013
- Bio submission to Ballotpedia, May 6, 2012
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Imperial Valley Press, "Special election will fill seat vacated by Vargas," November 14, 2012
- U-T San Diego, "2 REPUBLICANS JOIN STATE SENATE RACE," January 19, 2013
- SCPR.org, "32nd Senate District race heads to a May runoff to represent Pomona, Fontana and Ontario," March 13, 2013
- California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- Unofficial election results