|Former candidate for|
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 39|
|Ph.D.||University of Umea|
|M.D.||Nanchang University School of Medicine|
Cheng earned his M.D. from Nanchang University School of Medicine in 1983. He went on to earn his Ph.D in biochemistry from University of Umea in Sweden in 1995. He completed postdoctoral work at Northwestern University in 1996.
He currently works as an instructor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. Cheng has worked there since 2000.
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbents Charles Barkley, Kirill Reznik and Shane Robinson were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Gloria Chang, Xiangfei Cheng and Al Phillips were unopposed in the Republican primary. Barkley, Reznik and Robinson defeated Chang, Cheng and Phillips for three seats in the general election.
Cheng and his wife have two children together.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Xiangfei + Cheng + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on March 6, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Dr. Xiangfei Cheng State Delegate: "About," accessed March 17, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |